Saturday, November 13, 2010

Things that make you go, hmm.

I say the phrase, "I don't get it" a lot.  There are many things in life that I don't get.  Here's a sampling.
  • Why do people hang dreamcatchers in their car?  Dreamcatchers are for catching dreams.  You should not be having dreams in your car.  You should be driving and far from sleepytown.
  • Why do people sign their name to their facebook post.  Ex: Let's say Betty writes on your wall: 'How are you doing? -Betty'.  Well, Betty.  Thanks for making it oh-so-clear that you specify this post is from you.  Nevermind the fact that it already lists your first and last name by your profile pic.  Dumb.
  • Why do people purchase and put giant inflatables in their yard?  This does not look good.  Ever.  It's not a good idea for Halloween or Christmas or Easter.  
  • Why don't people compliment more?  Especially women to other women.  This is something I really want to try to work on.  So many times I'll notice something about a friend or even a stranger that I like but don't always compliment the person about it.  Why don't I?  It would make the person feel good.  I know I feel good when I receive a compliment.  If I think a good thought, I need to say it.  I certainly don't hesitate to say negative ones, so why is it so hard to say a nice thing?  
  • I don't get the whole facebook 'check-in' feature.  Besides for the fact that it's not really safe to let all the Creepy McCreepersons out there know where you are at all times; who really cares that you're checking in at Double Dogs or at home? I sure don't.  
  • I don't get why I buy Daisy new dog toys and she just continues to get out her mangy stuffed carcass remains of her old ones.  
  • I don't get why I'm not famous.  I should be.
  • Why did Jimmy crack corn and no one cared?
  • Why don't they make B batteries?  Why'd they skip over 'B'?  Same with the grading scale.  What about E?  We can receive an A, B, C, D, or F.  What if I want an E?

1 comment:

  1. There's a comedian, Demetri Martin who talks about b batteries. He says that they don't make b batteries, because it would sound like you were stuttering. "I would like the b batteries, please." "Sure, what kind?" "b batteries."

    ReplyDelete