Monday, November 8, 2010

Secrets are fine. Here's a few of mine.

  • Sometimes I like to incorrectly type in my password on my MacBook or the Mac I work on at school.  It's fun because the computer kind of shakes the password box, like it's shaking its little computer head at you when you type it in wrong.  To me it's fun. To you it probably sounds stupid.  Glad we see eye to eye.
  • Britney Spears "Break the Ice" is one of my favorite songs.  It's definitely in my Top 25 Most Played on my iPod.
  • Peonies are my favorite flower.  I was planning on carrying a beautiful bouquet of hot and light pink peonies for that wedding that I planned that never happened.  Sure glad I realized that I don't need no stinkin' wedding to get peonies.  That's what my Momma's yard is for.  That's definitely a word to yo Momma.
  • I once referred to a hotdog as tasting like 'leprechaun laughter and sunshine'.  It had onions and mustard on it.  I'm thinking the onions must have been the leprechaun laughter.  It only makes sense that the mustard was the sunshine.  See.  It makes sense.  
  • I think Lake Titicaca is the coolest lake name ever.  Wish I'd thought of it.
  • I'm about to reveal a bit of valuable information.  It's fresh on my brain because I just used sour cream to make corn pudding.  I learned this little lesson several months ago from the lid of a container of Daisy sour cream.  I only buy Daisy, by the way.  Not just because it's the name of my most excellent dog, but because it's the most excellent sour cream.  Daisy always has nice little inspirational tidbits on the foil seal of the container.  The most helpful little piece of advice I received from a Daisy container was, surprisingly, a sour cream tip.  I hate when sour cream collects what I call the 'sour cream juice' all on top of your leftover sour cream.  Yucky grossness.  Well, to avoid that little mess of liquid from occurring, all ya gots to do is take a spoon and smooth the sour cream in the container into a nice even layer.  Much like you're spreading icing on a cake.  Mmm.  Cake.  Seriously though.  You've got to start doing this with your remaining sour cream.  You'll be amazed and your life of sour cream usage will forever be changed.  No more sour cream juice!  It's a miracle!  Those Daisy Sour Cream makers are genius.  Pure. Genius.  I've shared this tidbit with my parents and I'm pretty sure no longer having sour cream juice has changed their life. Pretty sure.
  • I'm about ready to punch Insight Communications, the whole company, in its face.  I have to reset my router around 4 times per night.  It's taken me forever to try to write this blog because I keep losing internet connection.  I've already done 4 'power down, power ups' tonight and the night is still young for Sarah Marcum.  I could set a record tonight for more than 4.  Glad to know my $90 bucks a month gets me such rockstar service.  Down with lousy cable service!
  • My dog likes to lick carpets.  Get your mind out of the gutter.  No nasty thoughts about my dog!  Daisy licks the literal carpet in my living room for hours.  Hours.  It's weird.  She's weird.  If she were a child, she'd probably have an IEP.  
  • I love banana peppers so much.  They've easily become one of my favorite evening snacks.  Yummers to my tummers.
Now it's your turn.  Tell me a secret.  I tell you all lots of stupid stuff.  Don't be 'shareless' as one of my students says.  Really I just want comments.  Comment away, dear children.

No comments:

Post a Comment