Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Comfortable and Happy.

I've been wearing the same pair of sweatpants for three days.  They're warm and I like them.  I obviously like them a lot.  I've at least showered every day, so I'm not totally nasty.  I'm cleaning my body, but just putting back on dirty pants.  I guess that's okay, right?  I've also slept on the couch for the past three nights.  I've enjoyed it.  I'm nice and cozy.  I've made my own little compound.  I have pillows and blankets all around.  An extension cord is running from behind my couch to plug in all my essential electronic devices.  I've also got my Golden Girls DVDs running non-stop.  Things are pretty grand.  The only time I have to get up is to reset my router (which is about once an hour...grr) and to go to the fridge for a cold drink.  Other than that, I'm pretty well set and happy.
When I'm feeling under the weather or if the weather is chilly willy, it reminds me of this blog post from last January: http://waitingonthebutterflies.blogspot.com/2010/01/i-said-brr-its-cold-in-here.html 
Specifically this section: "I walk around the house dressed like a homeless woman. Mismatched clothes, multiple layers, no makeup, stringy hair. It's a sight for the eyes."
Yes.  I am yet again a bundled-up, makeup-less, stringy-haired, homeless-lookin' sight for the eyes, but I wouldn't have it any other way.


And by the way, what a depressing view today.  Rainy, leaf-blowing, nasty, gray sky day.   Blah.  Yep.  Thankful for these warm sweatpants.

No comments:

Post a Comment