This evening I went to the pharmacy to pick up a new medication. I assumed that it was going to cost a pretty penny (because I didn't know how well my insurance would cover it) and I was already worrying about how I was going to add this extra expense in with my monthly budget. I inched my car up to the Walgreen's drive-thru (because I'm not about extra exercise to walk inside) and swallowed hard, waiting to receive the bad news of the cost awaiting me. The lady in the window said, "That will be $5.00, please." 5 dolla make me holla! I was one excited little girl. If I hadn't have been buckled in my car, I probably would have done a little dance. I'm sure the lady in the window would have loved it.
While sitting at home and reading over the prescription information (yeah, I don't just toss it in the trash--I actually read all that stuff), I noticed the retail price of the drug. Are you ready for this? $620.09! What!?! I'm sure glad that I have insurance and that they picked up the tab to save me $615.09. If they didn't, I guess I'd be walking a FOR SALE sign out to my front yard right about now. I am completely realizing just how beautiful it is to have a job that provides me with full benefits.
No comments:
Post a Comment